A LETTER TO YOURSELF

We are always looking outside of ourselves for solutions, for a saviour, a hero, a miracle, and on and on. We place so much emphasis on what the world and everyone in it can do to save us that sometimes we forget that we can save ourselves.  Moreover we fill ourselves up with caring for and worrying about and saving everyone else around us that we love that at the end of the day we forget that there is only one soul that you are responsible for....yours. At the end of the day there is only one person responsible for your soul....you. 

Once you realize that you and you alone are responsible for your soul and its safe keeping, what will you do about it?

Make it a promise.....write it a letter.....write yourself a letter.

One night, some time ago,  journal in hand, I wrote this letter to myself.  From time to time I read it. Sometimes I write a new note to myself, a new promise, a new intention, sometimes I just simply say "thank you".  

Dear Me,

I promise to watch over you. I promise to pick you up and carry you when you feel like you can't go on. It's okay when you are not okay. It's okay if you do not know what to do, If you don't know how to feel, if you don't know what to say.  I promise to love you, always.  I will hold you when no one else is there to. I will be patient with you, I will always understand you, I will let my light shine for you when you feel like you have no light on you or when you feel like you have no light at all. I will make you laugh when you want to cry and I will sit with you and hold your hand when the tears come anyway.  I will stand up for you when you are afraid to stand up for yourself. I will do everything I can to calm you when your fears are raging, when your heart and your thoughts are racing.  I will search out happiness for you and I will lead you in that direction; I will show you how to get there, even if you think its not possible.  I will remind you of your worth, of your worthiness as a beautiful star in this life, as we all are.  You are stardust; you are made of time and history and the future.  I promise to remind you of that all the time. I promise to lead you to joy.  I promise to move you away from pain. I promise to never let in hate, to never let in the insincerity of hatred, to never let in the darkness of another, to never, ever, ever, allow you to forget that you deserve to be safe in every way. I will remind you that you deserve peace and to be at rest; home in yourself.  I will love you and be here for you always, always, always, and always some more.

Love from Me

If we cannot be honest with ourselves to ourselves, how do we meet the world with honesty? How do we share ourselves with others? Start with yourself, get honest with yourself....

What would your letter to yourself look like?  If no one would ever see it, if it was just from you to you, what would you say? And if it is what your soul has to say, why would you not let your soul say it?

Write it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017......A YEAR FULL OF EVERYTHING

A SEA OF MOUNTAINS

NEED TO KNOWS