ANOTHER LIST

Well, once again, it is my birthday. Funny how that happens every year.  Last year, in celebration of my 37th year, I made a list; a long, lofty, somewhat laughable list. Was it impossible? No. Did I accomplish all of those things? Not even close. The list was ambitious to say the least. It was largely about accomplishing goals, tackling obstacles, getting things done, challenging myself physically, and pushing myself to be stronger in a way that I really truly wanted to be.  I look back at that list and I do not feel disappointed in myself for not accomplishing even 75% of those goals, not a bit.  I look back at that list and I think...I need a new list...a very different list. 

And so....in celebration of my 38th year...you know that one that leads up to me turning 38, here is my list. Here is my simple list that is not about goals, not about things, or anything material, it is simply about life and peace and light.

In honour of my 38th year, I vow to commit to.....

 - Dance
 - Enjoy the music
 - Enjoy
 - Exercise more, even if that means running laundry up the stairs
 - Laugh
 - Treat myself
 - Just love
 - Create
 - Recognize the souls around me
 - Focus on the good
 - Go outside
 - Take breaks
 - Dream
 - Write
 - Lighten up
 - Don't procrastinate
 - Have fun
 - Smile at everything
 - Act how I want to feel
 - Be authentic
 - Remember what I know
 - Remember my lessons
 - Remember my roots
 - Remember who I am
 - Let love always come first
 - Read
 - Sleep
 - Let it be
 - Let it go, and,
 - Lean into it.....

I went for a walk the other day in the last sunlight of the day and  in all the glory of the colours of autumn. The poplar leaves have turned so many stunning shades of yellow and orange it is as though sunshine itself has taken up residence in every single branch. The air was cool and full of promise, every breeze was a breath of life. I tipped my head up to the sky and smiled and enjoyed every leaf dancing on the wind, every colour, every sound, every sight before my eyes.

I am going to hold that walk in my heart and for this, my 38th year, I will carry that walk with me along every path I take. I will focus on my list and that walk and carry it all with joy and lightness and love. 

“The eternal present is the space within which your whole life unfolds, the one factor that remains constant.”
 - Eckhart Tolle











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE HEART OF AN ISLAND

A SEA OF MOUNTAINS

2017......A YEAR FULL OF EVERYTHING