I feel like I keep talking about things that I want to do and yet never doing them. (Just like I feel like I keep standing in front of the mirror giving myself a manual face lift. Pull my forehead up, no wrinkles, forehead down wrinkles....where did these wrinkles come from? Since when did my skin move so much?
Over the past few years I've done some stuff that I don't consider to be to shabby. I was on Oprah, been to hockey games, Shania Twain, completed the ride for MS, a mere 180K ride, been to Maui, Grand Cayman, Vegas, made a major life move, got a great job, been house mother to some awesome kids....life has been pretty good overall. However, today, on my 36th birthday and the start of my 37th year, I have decided to set in internet stone, a "to-do" list. I do not expect that I will get all of these things done, but if I have learned one thing about myself, over the span of my existence, it has been that when I put things down and say "I WILL DO THIS" my stubbornness jacks up the can-do factor by about 300%. So..........here is my list of things I want to do between now and 9/30/2015 (and no, Botox is not one of them) Wish me luck.
- Complete the 2015 Ride for MS and surpass last year's fundraising total (so raise more than $2300)
- Complete a Spartan Sprint
- Try out for Roller Derby
- Host a wine swap party
- Get a tattoo
- Complete a Grand Fondo....that's 145K in a single day (this might be crazy)
- Spend more time volunteering at the Calgary Drop In Centre
- Try cross country skiing
- Try snow boarding again
- Get better at poker (so I can kick ass while drinking Old Fashions and smokin' stogies)
- Write something longer than a blog.
- Run a 10K (an official 10K not a 10K after dinner)
- Buy another pair of cowboy boots (this should be the easiest to accomplish)
- Spend more time just playing with the kids, just playing
- Get out more, like with friends, date nights etc.
- Take at least three courses that will make me smarter at work
- Grow real live vegetables
- Launch "Project Awesomeness" (stay tuned)
- Send real paper mail, once a week to someone I love
- Be calmer, just stress less
This is my list. I love lists. The only thing that makes me love lists more is if each line item has a little check box. I love check boxes.
I will revisit this list from time to time and let you know how I am doing. Curious, do you have a list like this? What's on your list? If you don't have a list, why don't you make a list? Why not...why not.