AN UNEXPECTED RIDE

If there is one thing I have learnt over the past few years, it's that the universe is always pulling experiences toward you that will push you forward and will be exactly what you didn't expect you needed or ever even wanted. 

I never thought I would get back into riding my bike, let alone get into road biking, like really, really into road biking.  But the universe had plans for me.

It reminds me of a quote from Steve Jobs about how you cannot connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backward so you just have to move forward and have faith that they will connect.  Now looking back at the events that led me to sign up and ride 185km for MS, I see a clear path of connected dots. Over my shoulder I see the events that seemed random, that seemed for other purposes, that seemed like just every day moments; I see how they all led me to this, to this shift in me. 

When I am on my bike, it feels almost like meditation.  I become so fluid, and constant, and focused, and yet so wide open, in the wide open spaces of this place who's beauty I did not expect, just as I did not expect to find myself doing this.

I have had an awakening. 

The intensity and inspiration of  riding last weekend left me on a high that lingers still. And it left me not with a question but with a mandate.  I want to live a life that feels like this every day.  I want to be inspired every day, I want to feel like I am making a difference every day, I want to feel like everything I am doing is for a reason, has a purpose.

I don't know how the dots are going to connect going forward, I have faith that they will, but I know that the ride of last weekend didn't just take me from one Alberta town to another.......it moved me. It spun me toward what I believe is the start of my next journey.

My heart is still riding, my heart is still rolling me forward, toward the next check point, toward the next dot.

Look for the things that sound impossible but create that tickle of excitement in your soul.  Then go forward without caution and do them, pursue them even if you think that you may not get there, that you might be mad.  You might just find yourself madly in love with where you end up.

Just Ride.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE HEART OF AN ISLAND

A SEA OF MOUNTAINS

2017......A YEAR FULL OF EVERYTHING